Friday 11 May 2012

Our Snubbed Conscience

Its absolutely a miracle that we are progressing in spite of the mumbo jumbo state of our country. I don't know about others but I personally don't  understand the attitude of my fellow countrymen. Let me share two of my experiences :

Yesterday afternoon, I was waiting in my car, for the signal to turn green.  A lady wanted to cross the road. But a hoard of vehicles : autos, cars, bikes... decided they didn't have time to wait. This lady who actually had the right to cross the road could not. She kept on stepping ahead and back. I just looked on helplessly. I was also being honked at to jump the signal. Then as the signal turned green I found support in the driver of the car next to me. We both waited till she crossed and then we moved on.

Papers and files go missing from the courts or police station. Some papers pertaining to an application moved in the Magistrate's Court by me are untraceable. Hard to believe but true.


This leads me to the conclusion that we need strong CCTV surveillance. The move of the common man, the public servant and the caretakers running the country, everything needs to be constantly monitored. Somewhere we have let so much of greed overpower us that we are not God fearing any more. I remember as a child our mothers would tell us that  God above doesn't approve of lies and misconduct. We grew up with the belief that he is always watching us. Today in the busy schedule of our lives God figures only when we need something. When we conduct a misdeed, we forget that someone above there might be taking a note of our misdeeds. What is God for someone can be conscience for others. But that conscience has absolutely been snubbed. That calls for the need that with the help of modern day technology we position a watch guard through CCTV cameras so that we learn to conduct ourselves.

Nobody in this rushed up city waits behind the zebra crossing. Walkers cross the roads when the signal is green and leisurely keep walking across the road challenging the speeding cars to slow down. Why? Why are we testing each others patience........





No comments:

Post a Comment