Saturday 12 May 2012

Many More Years to Go...

The fact that even the jawans and officers of army can loose their cool, forces me to take back all the nitpicking I have directed towards my fellow citizens. The most astonishing part is that it happens in a place as cool as Nyoma in Ladakh. Those who don't have any clue to what I am talking about can check out the news on the link : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Army-officers-jawans-battle-it-out-in-Ladakh/articleshow/13102508.cms

This incident forces me to come to the conclusion that there is certainly something wrong in the air. Maybe the predictions that there will be an apocalypse on 22nd Dec has made us all jittery. And that has charged the environment into an aggressive mode. I basically think this whole thing about the Apocalypse will fall flat on its face. I tell my sons that we talk so much about the new age belief that we get back from the universe what we give to it.  So, keeping that in mind, if at all, mind it, if at all the end of the world happens it will happen only because of so many Hollywood movies we keep on making and giving ideas to the universe. So much of water rushing on to the streets, dinosaurs coming back into the world, aliens of various kinds and forms coming down on earth, zombies taking charge of cities and what all and what not . It's a different scenario altogether that I am the first one to watch them when they are released.

This time people are a little cautious and its not like it was in 2000. Does anyone remember that in 2000 there was all that hoopla about Y2K crisis? I was on a trip to Nagarhole National Park and my travel agent  made me stay in Bangalore just because she did not want me, with my kids and ageing mother stuck at the airport, when supposedly all the computers could go bust. The computer bug, I suppose  chickened out and NOTHING HAPPENED.  This time around too it will be the same.  Our past experiences have taught us and that is why with about six months to go for the apocalypse to happen already alternate theories have started pouring out.  A look at this video by National Geographic will certainly pacify your nerves.  It tells us that the Mayan Calendar in no way suggests the end of the World.

While you go check out this video, I look forward to 22nd December, when exactly about 7months and 10 days from today, on a cooler Saturday evening I will be updating my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment