Sunday 13 May 2012

Clueless About Time

The concept of time with some people leaves me perplexed. Consider the scenario :  a meeting is fixed at 10 am or pm whatever....no one usually turns up before 10.30. You schedule your party for 9 in the evening, the guests start trickling in by 9.30. By the time everyone makes it, it will be 10 or 10.30. But Beware!! Don't try to be smart and schedule the party for 10.30 the next time. Because in that case it will start at 11.30.

If you are one of the rare punctual species, then you must have innumerable times faced scenarios like :
You have reached the meeting point and the other person hasn't reached. After you have been waiting for 15 minutes, you get a call or message saying, "Stuck in a bad traffic jam will be there in 15 minutes." What the person is not telling you is that he has stepped out of the home at the scheduled meeting time. After 15 minutes you call up to know the progress of the traffic jam. Your call certainly goes unanswered. After 5 minutes the message tone beeps and you are mocked at by the message, "Will be there in a minute." You will still be waiting for 20 minutes. But this time the call comes from the other end, and you get to hear, "I am just round the corner." As you put the phone down you realise that the person didn't specify whether its your corner or his corner.

God save you from statements like, "I'll be right there, I am just parking the car." You can be standing at the parking lot with no car in sight. 

You are waiting in your office for the person to turn up. Frustrated you call him up to find his whereabouts. "I have reached the gate and will be there in a second," is the answer you get, while in the background you can hear the trains rattling by and you very well know the station is good half an hour from the office. 

Every time I face a situation like this, I make a resolution that the next time I will call up the person I am supposed to meet, before leaving my house and will leave only after I make sure that he/she has left. But sadly, I remember my resolution only when I am fuming at the meeting point. GOD! WHY AM I SO CLUELESS ABOUT TIME?




4 comments:

  1. ek ghadi kharid lo sab log..saara problem solve ho jayega..!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad but true. A fact we indians can't deny. It is frustating, but no matter how harsh we may like to be tackling such people, its the same always. Casual as it is , we behave differently when travelling abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad but true. A fact we indians can't deny. It is frustating, but no matter how harsh we may like to be tackling such people, its the same always. Casual as it is , we behave differently when travelling abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad but true. A fact we indians can't deny. It is frustating, but no matter how harsh we may like to be tackling such people, its the same always. Casual as it is , we behave differently when travelling abroad.

    ReplyDelete