Monday 23 April 2012

This Vicky is Progressive

I am just back after watching the much talked about movie Vicky Donor.  A Fabulous film. An extremely delicate topic handled with such maturity, that I didn't feel awkward watching it with family. And I can say the same thing about the others too, in the audience.  It is wholesome entertainment and a progressive film. Oh how I wish, that the count of good hindi films is as good as Vicky's sperm count.  At least I will have more choices of  Hindi films to watch and not keep running back to Hollywood. 

I won't be grumpy in my post today, coz I have had a content Sunday. The girl who cooks at my home had taken a day off, so I was supposed to work in the kitchen. Now that is one thing I love doing. So obviously the lunch had to be something other than the routine fair. Prawn Risotto, that was great as lunch. Italy is one place where I want to take a culinary trip to. These trips are the latest craze. One gets to travel and even learn the local dishes from the chefs. Now what's better than that for a foodie like me! So the next time when I prepare Risotto, I will know how close my dish is to the original.

After a Sunday spent contentedly, I am off to prepare a cup of peppermint tea and retire for the day, to be ready to face a great week ahead.....

Goodnight and vedervi presto.

4 comments:

  1. thats lovely Sapna...though yet to watch a Vicky Donor!!!! Prawn Rissoto..!!! hmmmm.. sounds awesome...n if it sounds awesome to vegetarians like me ..can imagine for carnivores..once a foddie always a foodie...great, may be some day will have it.

    blog is good..knew about your story telling..good to see you writing as well..!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Abhishek for stopping by. Rissoto has many vegetarian versions too....believe me they are equally enticing to the pallete...so surely someday you can have it.

    Thank u once more, for appreciating the blog and looking forward to have your comments more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to know that i can see the vicky movie with the family. Can I really? Kids have intelligent questions and i have yet to conjure up so dumb explanations.
    Your exotic lunch is the stuff food dreams are made of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rathi.
    If your kids are above 13/14, I am sure they won't have any questions but if they are below that then I don't think they will understand much.

    ReplyDelete